Wednesday, October 15, 2008

First Snow , S- Dawg, and My Funny BYU Story

On Saturday Nick ran a 5K that was supposed to be a nice fall run up Provo Canyon. However, we woke up to snow and it was freezing cold. We all bundled up and made our way to the race. Yes, this is what I look like in the morning with no makeup or thought to the way I look ... please don't laugh, it was early and I was not expecting the ridiculous weather!


Up the Canyon it was snowing even more and I took Seth out in the snow for a few minutes so he could experience his first snow fall ever! He seems a little confused at first ...
But then he started trying to eat the snow as it would fall on his tongue. Here's Nick ready to run!
While Nick ran the race, Seth and I stayed in the warm car and cheered from there! We stayed bundled up and cuddled while I drank hot chocolate. Nick had a really great time and ran the best 5K time he ever has! Go Daddy!!!! :)
So, Nick went to the BYU football game on Saturday and Seth and I stayed home and played. I was trying to find something and came across some funny TEMPORARY tattoos Nick bought on our cruise to Alaska last year. I was bored and apparently had a sense of humor, so this is what I came up with ... It was another one of those crazy mom things I did and then thought, maybe I shouldn't have. But, it still makes me laugh. So this is S-Dawg! The tatoo says "Bite Me Alaska" hahaha :) What a gangsta' he isSeth has officially discovered his bottom lip and has decided to constantly suck it. I can't get him to stop and for a few days we just kind of laughed about it. Today I noticed that he has a blue and brown bruise in the middle of his bottom lip from sucking it all the time. It's got to hurt! So, whenever I see him sucking on his lip I try and stick his binki in instead, but he just spits it out and continues with the lip! What a crazy kid!He loves standing on his changing table and the last few days if I stand him on it he'll try and take a step ... then stare at the other leg like he wants it to move, but can't quite figure out how to make it happen. Here are some of the latest baby talk Seth is up to. He's been talking so much lately and it just cracks me up. Seth always has something to say ... just like his mommy! :)


Here is Daddy trying to do some practice steps with seth! I love his little jeans. He finally fits into them and I just think they're so cute. I don't know why, but everything is so much cuter when it's tiny! :)
Here is a little video of daddy trying to get the idea of walking to marinate a little more for Seth. He just can't wait until Seth is old enough to run around and play with daddy!



Funny Story:

Okay so I was in the library at BYU getting some things done and some time for myself. All of a sudden this dude sitting next to me tapped me and said, "hi, my name is Zach" I was like okay.

Zach: "I never do this," he said. "But, I was wondering if you wanted to go out this weekend."

Me: "Well, i'd love to. But, I don't know if how my husband would feel about it." trying so hard not to crack up laughing!

Zach: "You're married?"

Me: "Yeah, and I have a baby too. So, that might be a lot of baggage for a first date!"

He turned bright red, apploygized and then left the computer lab a few minutes later. Which is when I started laughing histerically along with the random girl next to me!

Oh, my gosh! I can't believe how funny this was. And it left me wondering why this type of thing never happened to me, when I was actually on the market at BYU? BYU is just a funny funny place! :) Oh, goodness ... poor kid! Wherever you are Zach, it was a valient, brave effort for which I commend you! Thanks for the laugh!

9 comments:

barbaraence said...

I'm surprised he didn't look to see if you had a ring on! Great story, poor kid :)

Celeste said...

What troopers you are to support Nick...and Nick--Good Job on the 5K! You must do better under extreme conditions! I love the little tattoo- maybe he could be a biker for Halloween. lol

Katie Blacker said...

hahah ZAch. All I can say is, Sarah, you still got it!

Elizabeth said...

see, you are one hott mama!

Aubrey said...

hahaha, I loved that entire post! Also, I am watching the BYU game right now and I hate my life. So at least your blog has brought some joy back to me!

The Petersen Family said...

Seth looks so cute. I love when he was all bundled up in the snow. I'm impressed Nick did the 5k in that kind of weather. Don't you just love when the talk! I only wish I knew what they were saying. I liked your funny story...good old BYU!

Tanaya and Tim said...

I love all of the pictures and stories! Next time, just ask if Nick can come along! I'm sure Chelsea would babysit...

Mama Scribbler said...

Such cute pictures! Alexander is sitting in his bouncer on the floor next to me and when I played the video of Seth "talking", Alexander got real quite and started looking around like "Who is this speaking my language? Where are you friend?" It was pretty cute so I wanted to share :-)

emilie s. d. p. said...

Oh Sarah! I love everything about this post! That tattoo is hilarious and he looks so adorable with it...I just can't get over it...I'm glad you did it :o)
I also love that you watched Nick run from the car. That is definitely something I would do...standing out in the cold snow is no good.
Poor Zach! You're such a hot momma!