Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What's For Dinner Tonight? - Sarah Jean Edition

Those of you who know me, know that I LOVE to cook and bake. Well, I've decided to start putting some "Tasty bites" on here every once in a while. Last weekend I thought I'd make a fancy dinner, just for fun. I mean why not right?

The Menu:
Steak with Gorgonzola Cheese

Twice Baked Potatoes
Roasted Green Beans

And Dessert: Crescent Bread Pudding


It was all super easy to do and was "Be-wishes" as Seth would say (delicious ... if you weren't dropping what I was throwing down there!)

While we were eating dinner, this conversation went down:
me: "How's your dinner?"
Nick: "Great!"
me: "Well, I just wanted to make a special dinner ... because I have some special news ..."
Nick: eyes wide opened and deer in the headlight look, "WHAT SPECIAL NEWS?"
me: pause, "JUST KIDDING!"

I'm so mean, but it just came out of my mouth totally unplanned and I had to do it. Nick is always pulling pranks on me, so it was pay back. I'm pretty sure his heart actually stopped for a second there! LOL

Anyway, I've been cooking a LOT lately and trying to a "good wife" and have dinner ready when Nick gets home. There's something about living in a house, that's really making me feel like a mom, mom. Yes, I hate to admit it ... but I've been baking new things and trying lot of recipes lately and it's been really fun.


5 comments:

Aubrey said...

Hahaha, that is a hilarious joke to pull on him! I can totally picture you doing that.

Also, that food looks delish!

M2 (Melissa) said...

Do you take orders - do you do delivery? It looks delicious!

I love your Seth!!

Jeff and Whitney said...

That prank was totally awesome! I wish I'd thought of it :)

Katie said...

haha! Surprise Nick! Now he will always be worried when you make an especially nice dinner.

Celeste said...

Yummy meal! Althought Nick probably had indigestion after.. lol. Love it!