Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break Part 3: Annapolis, Maryland

Well, we decided why not? Lets spend a day in Annapolis while we're in the area. After all we did have a Naval Academy graduate to give us the tour around. It also has seemed to become a tradition that we visit Annapolis when I'm pregnant ... so, we went crazy and headed that way!

Nick and I like to watch a show on the travel channel called "Man vs. Food." He goes around and does that crazy food challenges at pig out restaurants. So, when we saw Chick and Ruth's Delly on there in Annapolis we knew we wanted to check it out. So, that was our first stop once we made it in.

This is half of the crazy challenge they have. No I do not know this person, but I really wanted to get a picture of the crazy 6 LB Milk shake you have to eat with a 2 LB burger! Crazy!!!! No, this guy didn't even come close to making the challenge ... just if you were wondering! I think the Man Vs. Food dude is one of only 3 people who have actually finished it ... out of tons and tons!

These four girls ordered one for fun, so I thought I'd be a creeper and snap another picture of the huge shake!

We ate normal sized portions, but they were delicious and it was such a fun place to check out. If you're ever in the area ... you need to head over there!

While we were walking around, Seth decided that he needed to sit in and get a picture taken of him in random chairs along the street. So, here we have some random chairs and Seth ...


It was such a beautiful day! We headed out to let Seth run around in a field on the Academy. He immediately headed for the water and Nick decided to try and teach him how to skid rocks .... but Seth was more amused just throwing them in.

One day I'll probably live in one of these house ... right? They are just beautiful! They remind me of my favorite book "The Great Gatsby"

Seth had a ball being outside and scaring us half to death getting too close to the edge ...


"Look at the BIG rock, guys!"

I seriously think he could have done this all day ... maybe even all week and still gotten the biggest kick out of it!

Here we are ... Yes, I finally started sprouting and am not in love with my pregnant self! Only 2 1/2 months to go! :)


Fun in the Sun with Daddy and Aunt Danika!

The church at the Academy

Yep, the cannons were good fun for Seth too!

Thumbs up with the famous Indian ...

So pretty, right?


Lowering the Flags.

We had to pull over and snap a few pictures with the Navy Goat too!


To finish off the day we got some delicious Crap soup at Buddy's ... another delicious option if you're ever there. So yummy and a great end to a fun day!

Well, that was our Spring Break Trip! It was a blast and so nice to get away as a family of 3 for probably the last time. Before we know it Nick will be finishing up the semester and heading down to Texas, so I'm glad we got a little R&R in before the stress really begins.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

You look super cute pregnant! I love that you're sprouting :) So fun!

The Petersen Family said...

Your trip looks like so much fun. I'm a little jealous you got to see Danika :) Cute pictures!!

Unknown said...

aww you look so cute as your prego self! love all the pictures and those shakes are crazy! you ate CRAP soup? did you mean crab? hahahaha!

Kevin and Heather Hirst said...

I saw that Man vs. Food episode! That shake is crazy. Sounds like a fun trip, and you look super cute by the way:)