So.... I've had my heart set on an adorable wooden play kitchen for my kids for a while now. The price for the "cute" ones that I was interested in were a little crazy. So, I turned to my Father-in-Law and asked him if he could help me out! I'm so happy with the results!!!
Day 2 of painting started out like this. Why is the fridge painted black you say? .... well, more on that later. We ended up painting and sanding, painting and sanding for 2 whole days! 3 coats of blue paint on all the pieces, plus 6 coast of the "mysterious black paint on the fridge" and 3 coats of while paint inside the fridge. Plus a few coats of a clear matte lacquer finish to make it look extra nice. All the hard work sure paid off!
The fridge is even magnetic! That's where the black paint came in .... we found magnetic paint that you can paint over. How cool is that?
The freezer and refrigerator are stocked full with all Seth's play "Melissa and Doug" food, and whatever else we could come up with to add around the house. Seth was very particular about needing more ingredients in his fridge! How cute are the fridge baskets too?!
Then comes the sink. This is a real bar faucet we found and it worked out perfectly! Then a cute little container for all his kitchen utensils right on hand next to the stove top like mine is. Behind the curtain is a little shelf with some more storage of food/etc. Also Seth was worried that he wasn't going to be able to wash dishes because he really needed a SPONGE! What a character.
The stove top looks really cute too! I absolutely LOVE the crystal nobs! They happen to be Shelby's favorite thing too! The oven door looks super cute too and there is a little drawer under the oven that holds cookie sheets and muffin tins!
I found the grate from our old toaster oven and thought it would add the perfect touch to make the oven look more real! How cute!
Then my favorite, the cute cabinet/counter top. This is the kitchen work space along with his microwave and a few other kitchen necessities. He "really needed some recipes," he told me so we added in our Rachael Ray kids cook book for fun! In the pantry are some more food items and such.





11 comments:
LOVE IT! Thank goodness for grandparents...
That is amazing! I can't wait to see it!! Super impressive!
Amazing!!!
The kitchen looks awesome! I am impressed with Grandpa Denzer's skills :)
That is just beyond awesome! Madi was with me when I was looking at it and she was jealous!
wow lady. You out-did yourself. This is pretty great. A kids dream.
So jealous! What a sweet kitchen! And as always your kids are adorable.
This is AMAZING!!! It turned out fantastic!
That is really cute. Did you have a partern or was this something you father-in-law designed?
Ok, this is amazing!! Great job! Your kiddos are so lucky to have such a cool mom!
I saw the comment from Rod and Diney. I have a feeling this is something they'll want to make to keep at their house for the grandkids...
Post a Comment