Monday, September 15, 2008

Nate Goes to the MTC and Seth is a Stud

Well, on Wednesday we took Nick's brother Nate to the Missionary Training Center. He'll be there for three months learning the language and discussions and then he'll be off to Germany! He was really excited to get in there and get going. I'd never been to the "farewell" program at the MTC before so I found it interesting. I mean this is already a huge deal for mothers and family to say goodbye for 2 years ... but, they make it even more emotional! My mom is going to for sure be hysterical next year when we go through it with Taylor.

We've already heard from Nate, we got a letter in the mail the other day and we're sending him off his first package today! So below are some picture from the send off day! Seth is going to miss Uncle Nate :)






Seth is still trying to learn how to suck his thumb and it's pretty funny to watch. He's so determined to figure it out and tries over and over again until he gets it in there!
I'm not sure if you can really tell in this picture or not, but I did a funny thing on Saturday. I decided to put gel in Seth's hair! I gave him a sweet mo-hawk and I felt like a crazy mom immediately after ... but i've been wanting to give it a try and finally went for it ... ...and it's a good thing I did because he met a girl! Nick's friend and came down and went to the BYU game while the wifes and kids were left with the mommies. So, the mommies decided it would be fun to get some pictures!Then, when the dad's got home they decided to try their own photo shoot. They tried to get them to hug and it didn't really work out ... Seth tried to give Cami a kiss and then got shut down! What can I say he's definately going to be a heart-breaker! :) So, this is to date my favortie and most hilarious picture of Seth. He's giving the "i'm a stud smile" while flashing a peace sign! It just cracks me up! He finally fits into this cute little outfit my brother got him; so we dressed him up so handsome for church! I think Seth is finally sleeping through the night. It's been about 5 or 6 days now that he's slept for 8 or more hours through the night. It's amazing how much of a better mood i'm in when I actually get sleep at night :)

Today I have to take Seth to the dr. for his 2 month check up, including 5 shots! I have to go by myself because Nick will be in class and i'm not excited. I know i'm going to cry and obviously Seth will be hysterical. I just hope I can keep it together so I don't look like a pathetic mom to the dr. Wish me luck :)

9 comments:

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

You'll survive the shots at the doctor -- there are many more yet to come! Totally cute picture of Seth the Stud flashing the peace sign!

barbaraence said...

He's got some chub on his cheeks! So cute :) And hooray for sleeping through the night!

Celeste said...

Victory---a full nights sleep! I'm so proud of you for going to the doctor alone with Seth, I have never gone alone when Xander had to get shots because I couldn't stand the thought of holding him down to get hurt. Its so hard, so way to go on being a strong mom! Hopefully he's not too grumpy because of them. Infant Tylenol is great stuff!

Elizabeth said...

how did things go with the shots?
He is such a stud in that pic. Let's get together for a play date soon.

Aubrey said...

I love how absolutely uninterested Cami and Seth are with each other. Maybe they are still in the Cooties stage? hehe. And I am in love with the stud picture!

Anonymous said...

Love the peace sign-to adorable!! I still hate when Caleb has to get shots...Just breaks my heart!!

The Parrys said...

Hey how did the doctor appt go? How did seth do? Is he feeling okay? It was fun to hang out Saturday. Its nice to have someone to talk to that can talk back.. haha! I feel like I talk to myself in a high pitched voice all day and it makes me feel weird but hey its ok because we keep telling ourselves that they like it right? Those pics of seth and cami are adorable.. one day they will look at those and laugh. Hope youre doing well!

The Petersen Family said...

I hope the Dr. appointment went ok. They are never any fun. Plus, I hate dealing with all the stuff you are already carrying and then a crying baby. I'm so happy that Seth is sleeping through the night. It does make a huge difference! He is getting so cute! I liked the pictures of him and Cami. I really wish we were there to see him.

Katie Blacker said...

the peace sign kills me.