Monday, August 3, 2009

Seth is 1 ... Time For A PaRRRRty!

Seth turned one! So we had to CELEBRATE!!!!

This is just a funny picture .... hey do what you want on your birthday? Right? haha
Anyway, we had a pirate party and it was a major success! This was his sweet pirate ship cake.
No, I'm not super-mom and didn't make it. I was going to until I got a hot tip from a friend that they made these at our local grocery store! How sweet is that?


It also came with a free smash cake since it was his first birthday! (This may be a foreshadowing of things to come ...)

We put this up in our front entry ... haha we are funny!

These are the treat bag of booty for the "KIDS" most of which I grew up with.

We had a tattoo parlor where everyone got sweet pirate tattoos.

This is the cute pirate ship pinata I found ...it was just perfect!

Here's Seth getting ready for the party and checking it all out with dad.

Grandpa Wofford or should I say pirate Wofford!
* Note the earring. (he came up with this on his own in the garage!) haha

Then we Have Pirate Grandpa Denzer and Scurvy Wench Grandma Denzer

Captain Seth wasn't loving his pirate attire. But it was so cute. Here are a few pictures we snapped:





Here is the scurvy wench in charge and the matey behind the tough jobs.
aka: me and nick
Here is Captain Seth with his first Mate Maddox. They were just chillin' in the hammock.

Pinata time ... Seth was all about it with his Louisville slugger.

Mike ... manning the rope while relaxing! PERFECT!

Then we went with some of Uncle Taylor's drumsticks! That was pretty fun, yet it looks like he got a little sidetracked trying to eat them.

Now the real party starts ... Jessica take a wack at it!

And Lindsey too ... she ended up cracking out all the goods.

Seth doesn't waist anytime getting to the candy.

There are the two little shipmates grabbing their booty!

Time for cake. We tried to get him to blow the candle out, but he had a little stage freight!

And here we go ....





Thanks to TIO TAYLOR, who was trying to get him to grab his head, we were a major mess! But, whatever ... that's what first birthdays are for!


After the quick bath grandma Denzer and Nick gave him he was ready for the best part of the party ... opening presents!



check out his narly tat!

A little side-tracked playing under the coffee table.

Grandma Wofford got him a cute little fire truck to ride around ... he LOVED it!

Me trying to get a to opened ... pretty sure it's way harder than it used to be.
See ... Mike even had to get a power tool to get that one out.

Pirate Jessica also opening up a cute "little people" airplane.

It looks like Christmas morning!


The lovely Gray ladies ...

Grandma and Gandpa Denzer

Lindsey and Nancy (pretty sure no one knew my mom was taking these pictures ... awesome!)

Anyway, I can't believe he's one already! He is so big and learning new things everyday. He started walking right after we got back from our crazy trip so a video of that to come soon. This stage is a lot of work for me because he's all over the place, but also the most fun yet because his little personality is really starting to coem out. We love him and lucked out with a cool kid!

8 comments:

Celeste said...

What a fun, festive 1st Birthday party for Seth! I love the pirate cake and tattoos. Can't wait to see Seth walking.

Mama Scribbler said...

That pirate party sounds like it was so much fun. Alexander's was kind of a Hot Wheels theme. We didn't do anything really fun like a pinata though. Except Jello Jigglers. Gotta love Jello Jigglers.

emilie s. d. p. said...

I can't believe you have a one year old!
The party theme and decorations are so cute. Happy Birthday Seth!

Chelsea and Bryan Haslam said...

I'm depressed that I wasn't there :(
p.s. I love the pirate picture of dad. hilarious.

Aubrey said...

Yay, Happy Birthday, Seth!

The Parrys said...

FUN! it looks like you had an awesome time! can you believe its been a year already?.... time truly does go by way too fast!

The Petersen Family said...

Sounds like a fun first birthday. I can't believe he is already one. Happy Birthday Seth!

Katie Blacker said...

happy birthday to the cutest little pirate ive ever seen! miss you and love you girl!