Sunday, August 1, 2010

Kansas Adventures Part 1: Health Code Violations, Sprinklers and Too Many Blueberry Pictures

I don't know how many Health Code Violations McDonald's is committing by letting Seth work there ... but I'm guessing a lot!

Here he is serving the guests! lol

My mom got all the kid toys out and built Seth a play room in my sister's old room. It was like heaven for him ... so many new things to play with! McDonald's was a hit right off the bat!

Seth called it, Old McDonald's .... I guess we're getting a little confused!??!


We also played in the back yard with the worm sprinkler grandma got Seth! He was scared of it until you pulled him through and made him go ... then he couldn't stop laughing!

Woo hoo!

It wasn't quite as fun as the beach ... but Seth still had fun!

Praise the Lord the Blueberries are in season!!!!

haha ... there is a local blueberry patch where we used to go as kids to pick. We thought it would be fun to take Seth this summer and yummy too! Anyway, you have to call to make sure you can pick each day and the recording says, "Praise the Lord ... Blueberries are in season!" or "Lord willing there'll be blueberries to pick tomorrow!" It always cracks us up!


Seth had a blast! And I took WAY too many pictures ... but it was so much fun!

Seth even decided to have a snack while picking! He surprisingly LOVED the blueberries right off the tree!

Me and Seth Pickin'


Grandma and Seth getting their buckets filled.

He was pretty proud of the blueberries he picked!

It was soooo hot and we were all sweaty. Eventually, Seth had a great idea and found a little spot to pick while sitting down ...

Then he stopped picking and just started eating the blueberries!

- Cheesy Family Photo Op -


WOW!!!
Look how many blueberries we ended up with?!

Almost 27 pounds!

We had blueberry pie, cobbler, lemonade (which I will say was AMAZING!), pancakes, you name it we ate it! It was delicious and so much fun!

-Praise the Lord, Blueberries are in Season! -

:)

2 comments:

The Petersen Family said...

I love all the posts and pictures. I missed reading your updates. Glad you are back. Seth is so cute. I just love that first picture. It cracks me up!

Aubrey said...

oh. my. heavens. That child of yours is a HOOT! I laughed so hard about the McD's pictures