Sunday, September 11, 2011

Great Grandma Larsen's Birthday

Grandma Larsen's Birthday was the day she left to head back home to Utah. So, we celebrated on Labor day and had a fun time! We all went out to eat and Shelby was loving being around all the family.

I ordered a cute little cake from a local bakery and boy did it turn out to be tasty. For some reason the flowers on the cake look orange in this picture, but they were pink for grandma, I promise!

Isn't my grandma just about the cutest thing ever!? I think she's pretty great!

Grandpa's pretty good too ... and Shelby liked talking with him too!

Seth kept trying to snatch the cake while grandma was opening gifts so he could like off the icing ... like no one would notice that!?

We all sang happy birthday ...


And then seth FINALLY got to lick all the icing he wanted! He didn't have any interest in the actual cake, just the icing!

what a crack up!

We attempted to take a 4 generations picture, but this was the best we got ... I know, it's kind of gross.

Seth decided he needed a picture in the chair too ...

and then he thought it would be funny to do his "silly face" with great grandma and grandpa Larsen too!
I think grandma had a fun birthday being around everyone!

Before we knew it the weekend was over and we were getting packed up for the airport. Grandma and Grandpa Larsen decided to take a cat nap before the ride to the airport ... I think we wore them out, especially with the 2 hour time difference!

Shelby and I took everyone to the airport and did a little girl shopping on the way home!

It sure was a special weekend and we were so glad everyone could make it. We had some laughs and enjoyed all the company, so it was a success after all!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love that first picture of Shelby! She is getting so big!

Tanaya and Tim said...

It's so fun to see pictures of everyone! It looks like you have a good Blessing weekend. Shelby is still so adorable. I love her blessing gown, too. Seth is a hoot!