Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sundance Chair Lift Picnic


On our Last Saturday in Utah we thought we'd take a break from the normal and do something a little different that EVERYONE could enjoy. We came up with the idea to head up to Sundance Resort in Provo Canyon and ride the chair lift up the Mountain. We got sandwiches in the Deli below and brought them up for a picnic lunch on top of the mountain. It turned out to be the best weather, a beautiful day, and so much fun for everyone! Seth was loving being out in the open!
 It was beautiful!
 Chelsea, Bryan and Seth rode up with our lunches in front of me, Shelby and GnG. Seth thought riding the lift was about the coolest thing ever!
 Our lunch was delicious on the top and the view and open air was priceless!
 Grandpa Larsen brought along some binoculars and Seth was getting the biggest kick out of them!
 After lunch Chelsea and Bryan took Seth on a mile long hike around the top of the peak we were at. He had a blast ... and we enjoyed the sun and mountain views while we waited. Gng were getting a kick out of Shelby crawling around and trying to eat the rocks!
 She finally started warming up to Grandpa and gave him a little snuggle!
 There are the hikers!
 Me and the kiddos ... we had so much fun!
 Gng riding down the lift, I think grandma was a little nervous ... but we all made it in one piece!
 me and Shelby riding down ... haha , this picture is crazy!
 I tried to catch them on the lift in front of us as we were turning around .... you can tell Seth is having the time of his life!
 Sisters, sisters ... (anyone?) 
 It was a beautiful day and we drove the Alpine loop home which was a great relaxing drive. I was driving with Seth and Shelby asleep in the back and Chelsea and Bryan were driving with GnG asleep in the back ... it was pretty cute! It was a really fun day for everyone and we were glad we got to do a fun activity together we can remember forever!

2 comments:

The Petersen Family said...

So many cute pictures and posts! I LOVED all the birthday pictures of Shelby. She just has the most beautiful blue eyes! Your friend takes AMAZING pictures.Her birthday party looked like a blast.

It looks like you guys have had a ton of fun in Utah. I'm a little jealous :) I'm glad you guys got to see Nick for a week. I bet that is so hard with him in Texas.

Jennifer Tolman said...

heehee. we have the same background. looks like you guys have had a BLAST in utah! loved catching up. I haven't been on here forever. Hope you summer is going well.