Monday, October 29, 2012

Trunk-Or-Treat

This past weekend was pretty crazy and I was a GIANT BALL of STRESS! I planned our church Halloween Party and it turned out to be so much fun with tons of people there, but getting to that point was a bit crazy. Lets just say that before the weekend was over I ended up with hours of stressing over the party and setting it all up, sore muscles as a result, a minor fender bender, broken Coach sunglasses and a minor nervous break down. But, hey we looked good in our Halloween gear and had a fun time at our party!

Seth has been excited for months about being Mario for Halloween. I think we did a pretty good job. He was excited and bounced around making Nintendo sounds and singing the Mario Brothers songs.


 We also had ourselves a little tiny Tinkerbell. She LOVES her tutu and gets really excited to be in her outfit. However, after about 30 minutes (or less) in the wings, they aren't fun anymore. Unless she's looking at herself in the mirror, which for this little girl never gets old! So the wings tend to come and go. But, how cute are they?
 The sparkly shoes didn't make it out yet, I think they are only going to last for one use, so I'm saving them for the real deal!
 She's really into making everyone laugh lately, and despite being used to it, the finger in the nose gets us all every time. So, it's an oldy but a goody for her!
 Here we all are. I dressed up like Joan Holloway from Mad Men ... it was fun, but no, most people at church didn't know who I was supposed to be. (other than being some type of a period costume) Whatever, I was excited and had fun!

 Here we are at the party ... Nick went all out and dressed as a poll observer. Being in Ohio a few weeks before election day, he thought he was clever.
 We had the cutest cake walk ever. My friend from church made these adorable little cakes! Seth actually won one and was SUPER EXCITED about it!

 Shelby helped out in the trunk-or-treat part of the evening. She got a kick out of handing out candy to the kids.
 When we got home Seth asked me to take a picture of him with his bag of candy, so there you have it!
It was a crazy weekend, but it all ended up fine. We had a good showing of people and it seemed like everyone thought it was a fun time. Dressing up, is always fun so it was a success in the end! I can't believe it's already Halloween!

1 comments:

Jeff and Whitney said...

Cute costumes :) And the finger in the nose is too funny!