Our trip from Kansas to Maryland was pretty jammed packed with events and activities. For our last day in Maryland we decided to head into Baltimore to go to the Aquarium! I've been wanting to go to one for over a year and am always talking about it. When we found out there was one in Baltimore Nick decided he would take me. :)
Here's Nick in front of a sweet coast guard boat that was just chillin' on the pier as we walked over to the Aquarium. Because it was Memorial Day weekend everything was pretty crowded; the aquarium only allows a certain number of people to be admitted at a given time. So, we realized we were going to have to purchase tickets for the afternoon and then come back to see the Feeshy!! (as I kept calling them ... hehehe)
We finally got in and it was crazy busy ... there were all kinds of "interesting" people around, not to mention some lovely body odors to go along with our "Feeshy" experience. Anyway, one part was the rain forest and it was pretty cool. We look ridiculous and this is how pictures come out when you're taking them of yourselves.
We purchased the "full experience" tickets, which included a 4D movie and tickets to the dolphin show ... go big or go home I always say. So, this is me and Nick goofing around in line waiting for the people to let us into the movie. It was pretty entertaining ... all the little kids were crying and Nick and I were just laughing the whole time. Except when they had a snakes surround you and then something jabbed you in the back from out of the seat ... yes, I joined the kids and screamed out loud!
The Dolphin show was fun too! I decided in my next life maybe I'll be a Dolphin trainer! Here are a few pictures of the crazy dolphins and kind of a lame video, but hey it's all I got! :) (check out the dolphin carrying the rubber frog!
Later than night Danika took us into Annapolis and we went to Buddy's, which was a great crab place! I got some amazing crab soup and nick went for a crab cake melt! It was delicious. It was really fun to be in the town at night and see all the midshipmen walking around in their uniforms and all the excitement on the pier. They had boats and yachts that would dock in the middle and then just go get a bite for dinner or whatever ... someday, right?
I pretty much look like a walrus in this one ... seriously, no one dispute me on this one!
Last, but not least we stopped by a little candy/fudge store and got a few treats. I got a delicious caramel apple and Nick and Danika got caramel covered rice krispies that were actually really good!
Although, it was a crazy trip we really had a good time. Our last hurray as a married couple with out kids. It was fun to spend some time with both of our families before heading back to finish up the last few weeks of pregnancy and then start a huge new chapter of our lives. :)
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Graduation Trip Part Three: Baltimore
Posted by Sarah, Nick and Seth at 10:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
more like a sunburnt panda bear, not a walrus :)
the aquarium is awesome, i haven't been back since they added the Australia exhibit. Too bad you didn't get to check out the Science Center, it's so fun. Maybe someday when we are all grown up and you come to visit me with your kiddos.
You guys got a lot of sun! Nick especially looks red. I wonder if Danika's favorite movie is Anappolis with that hot guy from Spiderman..since that is kind of her real life. I'm glad you got to finally go to the aquarium. After all, it is where Arial belongs :)
oooo fun! First of all, I loved the dolphin video, of course. Second of all, your cute pictures are making me crazy excited to move out that way and do all that fun stuff! Glad you guys had a fun time...and you don't look like a walrus or any of the other large animals that you keep referring to yourself as.
Sarah! I can't believe I missed your baby shower! I'm such a dummy!!!!!! For some reason I thought it was on the 14th and so I didn't even realize that I missed it last week and then on Thursday I was thinking about what to get you and I realized that I had already missed it. Then of course my eye started swelling but I for real feel SO bad! Please forgive me and my brainless self. Do you think I could stop by sometime this week and just see you and say hello and give you your gift??? Pleeeezzzeee?!?! I'm so sorry, I feel like such a dork.
Can I come see you tomorrow evening (Tuesday evening)? I get off work around 5pm-ish so I could come after that if your available!?! I'm really excited to see you, I don't think I've seen you since you've been married, it's crazy. Where do you live? My work email address is emilie.peterson@amfam.com so you can email me with your address that would be great. And if Tuesday isn't the best night for you then I can come any other evening this week, whatever works best with your sched. is good for me. See you soon!
Post a Comment