Monday, June 23, 2008

Nick's 5K and Strawberry Days!

Nick ran a 5K last weekend in Provo. His dad was in town and took the picture that was obviously candid! It was a run for domestic abuse or something. Anyway, Nick ran the same one last year and thought he'd do it again this summer. Also featured are the lovely newlywed couple Joey and Katie Rich on a romantic run themselves! :) Kind of late getting this picture up, but oh well? This past weekend we went to Strawberry Days in Pleasant Grove! We thought we'd check it out and at least catch a glimpse of some "carnies." I don't know where these carnival people come from, but there are definitely some interesting people around these types of events.
Katie informed me Friday night that they indeed had funnel cakes at the festival! Those of you who don't know, I haven't had many craving at all while being pregnant ... but for the last 6 weeks or so I've really been craving Funnel Cake!
So I finally got my hands on some yummy, powdered sugary, funnel cake! Nick went the more healthy route with some strawberries and cream ... good for him. We both look pretty ridiculous in this picture ...
Chelsea came along with us to check out the fun too. She filled another carnival food classic with her cotton candy choice. It was fun, but really all we did was show up to eat and stare at people for a little bit before heading out. But, in my defense we did walk quite a way and it was 97 degrees ... so what do you expect from someone whose in her last few weeks of pregnancy!?

6 comments:

Katie Blacker said...

Yay Funnel Cakes! haha. It was a popular little event to attend. The funnel cake was good, but it made me feel a little sick after. Maybe it is becuase right before eating it, I ordered my self a huge philly cheesesteak. I found myself on carni-food overload. But, if given another chance, I would do it again.

The Petersen Family said...

I am jealous. We tried to go to a carnival here in Peoria because I really wanted a funnel cake, but they were charging $5 a person. It is just not worth it since Big "d's" is impossible to contain. I hope they were yummy. Nice job on the race, Nick! Soon you can take Baby Denzer for a run.

emilie s. d. p. said...

Fun! I wish I would have gone, everyone at work was talking about how delicious the strawberries and cream were. And good for you walking in the 97 degree heat. I'm not even pregnant and I'm still too much of a wimp to do that!
P.S. I love Nick's sweaty shirt :o)

Tanaya Larsen said...

That looks so fun! I can't believe I didn't know about the Strawberry Days, I've been wanting to go to one of those festivals around here.

Celeste said...

Good for you to give into a random craving before your pregnancy is over (and it almost is!) I love the nursery...it looks like something out of pottery barn. Your little guy will be stylin' for sure.

Elizabeth VP said...

I'm a fan of funnel cake as well. The babies room looks awesome. I really look forward to hanging out again when I come back to utah.