Thursday, August 14, 2008

Changes, Changes

Well, tomorrow Seth will be 4 weeks old. I seriously can't believe it. It seems like he just arrived; and at the same time like he's been with us forever. Isn't it crazy how that works? Anyway, he's already changed so much. He's starting to get bigger and a little more chubby ... he's just so cute I can hardly keep from kissing and snuggling him all the time. Someday soon he's going to say, "Mom, get off of me!"

Anyway, here are some of the latest pictures of little Seth. He's starting to be a pretty good sleeper at night. He only gets up once; usually after 5 hours or so to eat, and then generally goes back to bed pretty well. However, I'm still not used to have to get up for an hour to feed him and I usually can't make myself fall asleep after nursing him. So, I guess we still have some work to do in the sleep department.

Here's little Seth having some "tummy time", learning to use his muscles and hold his head up.

Here is Seth with a sweet hair do ... it's kind of funny because he just loves getting his hair brushed!
So, we watched the opening ceremonies last Friday and the next morning we woke up and Seth was sleeping like this ... he must have gotten some ideas from the Tai Chi moves those crazy Chinese were doing!
We finally had our first at home bath the other day! His umbilical cord took a while to fall off so we had to do sponge baths for a while. But, pookie liked the bath ... until he had to get out and was freezing cold!
Mommy and Seth getting a snapshot in for dad! :)
What can I say he is going to be a heart breaker that's for sure!
Here's Seth cuddling with Dad and his teddy bear that aunt Chelsea gave him in the hospital. :) A friend of ours is leaving on his mission this week and we went to his farewell on Sunday. I tried to put Seth in a cute little "church" outfit, but it was WAY too big for him. But, at least he looked super cute! I love this picture. I didn't quite grab the camera in time, but he was snuggling his bear and had the biggest smile on too! Here's Daddy reading Seth the "No more monkeys jumping on the bed book!" What a good little papa! Yesterday Seth had fun with great grandma and grandpa Larsen. Grandpa was telling Seth all kinds of stories and singing him songs ... he had fun with Grandpa :) Well, changes are inevitable I guess. It's so much fun to watch him get bigger and have more personality. He's staring to smile a lot more now and recognize voices, people and he definately loves mommy! :)

9 comments:

barbaraence said...

How cute. I love the hair!! Makes me want to have another one :)

Anonymous said...

I love checking your blog for these updates. He is so cute! I love the picture of him taking a bath!

Aubrey said...

It looks like you guys are having so much fun with Seth! I just can't wait to meet him...and don't worry because I check your blog all the time to see new pictures of him, haha!

Celeste said...

What a fun family you three are! I know...I feel bad I didn't get to see anybody in UT county but it was a really fast trip and I didn't have my own car or anything! Next time we're in UT for sure we will stop in and see little Seth and I guess you and Nick too. =)

Tanaya and Tim said...

You guys need to keep having kids, because he sure is cute! I love the tai chi one!

Morgan said...

He is adorable! It makes me sad how fast they change and grow!

Katie Blacker said...

okay Sarah:
1. I miss you
2. you look so beautiful in the pick of you and your son.
3. I can't believe I just said, "you and your son".
4. Seth's pet name is "pookie?" (did you know my sister always called me "pookins" growing up?)
5. Seth is flawless & yes, very handsome!

emilie s. d. p. said...

I know everyone is saying this but he is just so adorable, seriously. I want one!
And I'm sure he loves his mommy so much.
Maybe I can stop by and see him this weekend? Let me know what the best time for you is. Right now my husbands had a cold so I'll wait until he's completely over it before I stop by just in case I caught a bit of it too.

The Parrys said...

Your blog is soooo cute! I love it! Seth is getting so big. I finally started up a blog.... you should check it out... http://ryanandliselleparry.blogspot.com/. We need to get together soon!