All day Monday, Seth was acting really tired and whiny. He fell asleep almost 3 hours earlier than his normal bedtime. He woke up at around 11:00pm and when I went to get him he was BURNING UP! He was super hot and I being a first time (don't know what to freak out about an what not to) mom, i freaked out. His temp was pretty high, (103.6) and I called the after hours nurse from our pediatricians office. She told us to give him a luke-warm bath and keep on top of Tylenol. We tried all this and really nothing worked.
He wouldn't sleep unless he was next to me, which meant I couldn't sleep! It was awful! He barely slept all night and was just so sick. Poor little guy! The next day was just terrible ... he was so upset and didn't feel good! Kill me!!!! Sick babies are seriously the worst! This is was the poor guy looked like all day. He barely smiled and was just so pathetic!

.. And so were mom and dad! I know we are so hottttt, you are all jealous. You too could get this look with no sleep and a sick child rolling around between you!
I hate that the little guy just couldn't tell me what hurt or what I could do. You can see his Rosy cheeks and bright red lips in this picture. We took him to the Dr and he just had a virus. (no strep) which was good, but i was kind of hoping for an antibiotic.
Every now and then a smile came out! He was still about to get into trouble while not feeling well.
Notice all the things he pulled out and knocked over around him.
The only fun part about being sick for Seth was that he got to take a few baths a day. It cooled him down a little and he had fun splashing around and playing. Those were the biggest smiles of the week!
Also, while sick, Seth learned to pull himself up and stand. And now he does it on EVERYTHING! This was a runaway diaper change! He's pretty proud of himself. He'll pull himself up on anything, the wall, me, chairs ... you name it.
Finally after a whole week of fever and no sleeping. (not to mention the fact that Seth got me sick too!) We finally got back to normal this weekend. And not a minute too soon. I missed my happy little boy and I was dying for a good nights sleep! (Seth slept with us most of the week).
Mommy and Seth are back to normal and had a fun weekend hanging out with friends and daddy! Here we are healthy and happy.
We got some ice cream after dinner with our friends Katie and Chris last night. Seth really wanted a few bites ...
Yummy, yummy!
However, whenever I took a bite for myself Seth would throw a tantrum and cry ACTUAL TEARS!!! What a spoiled little boy ... already!
One the ice cream made it to his mouth all was well!
Needless to say this was a TERRIBLE week for all of us and I'm so glad it's over and we're all back to normal! I hope we can make a long stretch of time before Seth find himself sick again ... 




7 comments:
Yuck, I'm so sorry! I'm glad everyone's feeling better now!
I'm so glad you're feeling all feeling better now. It really is such a helpless, sad feeling when your baby is sick, you don't know how to really help. Sounds like you did everything right to me!
Well he sure does a good job at looking cute no matter how he is feeling! Glad he is better, though!
Oh man, you had a tough week! I am sorry. I am glad that you both are feeling better. I hope that you get a chance to catch up on your sleep!
By the way, we need to get together soon.
I'm sorry you guys were so sick! Some of the pictures are really cute though. I'm glad you're feeling better.
fun to see you this weekend! It was so good to feel like oh, we have friends!
I'm sorry you had such a bad week. A sick baby really is a horrible thing. I'm glad you guys are all feeling better and even got some ice cream!
Post a Comment