Thursday, April 16, 2009

Zamboni Is A Funny Word

Well, Nick has a friend that is doing a marketing internship for the Utah Grizzlies. He got us tickets for the playoff game last night and so we went up to the E Center and checked it out. I was trying to come up with reasons as to why we shouldn't go ... I'm not really a "Hockey girl." (Pretty much ANYONE can vouch for me on that one)

Anyway, it ended up to be really fun! It's always great to get out of the house (for me and Seth anyway) We had great seats and it wasn't too crowded (am i 80? i hate crowds ... my only exception would be Disney world/land ... I'm always up for it)



This is Seth and Nick right when we got there. The team was finishing their warm up and Seth was overwhelmed with so many new things to see. Flashing lights, loud noise and crazy "hockey people" behind us.


This was my attempt at taking a family picture ... I obviously need to practice more!

Me and Seth watching the game ...
We let Seth sit in a "big boy seat" for a while and he thought it was pretty fun!

It was kind of cold in there (obviously, there is ice) but Seth would not keep his socks on. He kept pulling them off and chewing on them. I, being a paranoid mom, kept grabbing his feet to make sure they weren't getting cold. Hey, as long as he's happy ... we are!

My boys!

How you fall asleep at a hockey game, I'll never know? But, Seth did and woke up to a startling tie game goal that meant we went into overtime. He was so scared ... it was heartbreaking for a moment.
Family shot ... I finally asked a crazy lady behind us to take a picture. (Okay, Nick asked)

We had a lot of fun. We even got some of those yummy cinnamon almonds! I love those. But, my favorite part was the Zamboni. Especially because after the second ______ what do you call it in Hockey. (I'm guessing it's not a trimester?) Anyway, when they took their second break and the zambonis came out and there was a little kid ridding on one of them. He was probably 7 or so. He waved the ENTIRE time like he was the grand marshal of a parade! It was hysterical. I mean it takes like 10 minutes to "Zomboni" and he was a champ ... he waved the WHOLE TIME. Circle after circle we kept laughing because he was still there with his fake smile and little wave. His parents must have been proud. SOOOOOO FUNNY!
Oh yeah, and just on a side note ... this is what I woke up to this morning! Seriously?

5 comments:

Katie Blacker said...

whoa you guys god a lot of snow!!! and I am still laughing about "trimester" by the way!

Celeste said...

I believe the correct term in hockey is a period...but that's just a guess. Looks like a fun date. Enjoy this time while you can take Seth and he'll actually sit still long enough to enjoy some of it. It won't be much longer and he'll be a little walker!

Mama Scribbler said...

It is called a period. Kevin and I are hockey people all the way. Kevin more-so than me (he does fantasy hockey like other people do fantasy football) but I still like it better than just about any other sport (to watch). Even our first date was a pro-hockey Atlanta Thrashers game. So yeah, :-) that sounds like a ton of fun to me, and I'm with you on having no idea how Seth could fall asleep through hockey noise.

The Petersen Family said...

I can't believe how much snow! I love hockey games!! Even though I don't understand most of what is going on, it is a fun atmosphere! Seth looks so cute! How do they sleep through loud stuff like that?!?1 It amazes me!

Tanaya and Tim said...

I am also surprised about the snow. I guess it makes me feel better about the last 5 days and 5 more predicted of rain around here. I'm so glad you guys get to go out and do so many adventurous things for living in Provo. We should have just stayed there and hung out with you more.