My New Hobby Unveiled:
Okay, it's no shocker to anyone to learn that Nick and I are on a tight budget with not a whole lot of dough coming in ever since Seth came along. Well, for the last 4-6 weeks I've been trying to get in on this grocery deals action that I keep seeing on the morning shows and the news. There are all these crazy ladies that basically get free groceries.
After a ton of learning, little by little, I can proudly call myself a crazy coupon lady once and for all! I think I've got at least a few stores figured out ... still a lot to learn!
Anyway, after two trips to Albertson's today ... I am all smiles. I've been getting amazing deals for the last few weeks, but today I actually added it all up and figured everything out and I even blew myself away after the math
After a ton of learning, little by little, I can proudly call myself a crazy coupon lady once and for all! I think I've got at least a few stores figured out ... still a lot to learn!
Anyway, after two trips to Albertson's today ... I am all smiles. I've been getting amazing deals for the last few weeks, but today I actually added it all up and figured everything out and I even blew myself away after the math
Check out my loot ...
10 boxes of Kellogg's cereal2 - 24 packs of Arrowhead water
2- 10 packs of Caprison
4 packs of Ball Park Beef Franks
2 can of Pringles
1 - 1/2 gallon skim milk
2 Land O' Lakes butter tubs
1 Quaker rice cake bites
1 Cascade rinse agent (forgot to include in the picture)
Total for all this at first was: $114.65
But, after using coupons, etc. I paid a total of
$19.68 for EVERYTHING!!!!
Plus I got a print out from the Catalina machine (at register) for 2 free movie tickets!!!!
I'm dead serious ... not making it up, come on over and check my receipts.
Okay just to put it into perspective that's:
83% Savings!
I saved a total of $94.97
Yes, I am crazy. I've been stocking up on food for the last few weeks, getting all the deals. My family is pretty sick of hearing about all my deals ... but hey i love to shop and don't have a lot of money. So this new hobby of mine is the best of both worlds!!!! Anyway, I was just so excited I had to share!
As London Tipton would say, "Yay Me!"
(Yes, I watch too much of the Disney channel)





10 comments:
That's awesome! I try to get in on the couponing, but we don't get the Sunday paper. Where do you get your coupons?
That is totally crazy on how much you save! What is the scoop? I think it is way confusing...AND I think its TOTALLY awesome that I am not the only one who watches the Disney Channel!! :)
Yay you! I am TOTALLY on the same page with you about this. I saw a story on Oprah about it and got so excited. I haven't actually figured it all out yet so no real savings to report but I think I'm headed in that direction. Kevin is passively supportive but other people just look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them how excited I am. Or maybe they just think I'm crazy for watching Oprah...that could be it. :-)
Welcome to the club! Being an obsessive coupon/deal shopper gets little praise it seems. I'm so impressed with your 83% savings...I've never even done that good.
you go girl! that is really very awesome!!
Oh Sarah, I feel a themed blog coming on about your adventures in navigating the coupon saving world. I need lessons. And on another note, lets get together for lunch soon. 801-860-9872.
So, I have a lot to learn, but the Asian store here has fruits and veggies so cheap! I always pat myself on the back when I get home with my bags of produce for under $15! You should start a blog on coupon shopping.
Yea! Get ya some you Krazy Lady! You have a beautiful family. Thanks for speaking so kindly of KCL. We love you!
congratulations! that's awesome. i've been trying to do some couponing, but i've never done even close to that well! share your secrets! :)
Coupons are AWESOME!!! Ryan works with a guy who' wife is a crazy coupon lady too. She makes money on most of her grocery shopping. Did you know that in utah you dont have to buy the beer to get the beer rebates? ive learned lots from her. walgreens and riteaid are some of the best places to get those. Anyway. YES... Yay Sarah!!! Thats awesome. Coupons are the greatest!
Post a Comment