So, I've been wanting to take Seth to the zoo for a while now, and we finally made it there. We went this morning with my friend Jennifer and her son Rhett. It was so much fun and Seth LOVED seeing all the animals. the best part was there were so many babies there!!!! (I'm a sucker for the little cute baby animals!)
It's been pretty chilly lately so I was getting Seth ready to go and thought I'd see if his hat and gloves from last year still fit him at all. verdict: Kind of, but the gloves are a major stretch! Anyway, I snatched some cute pictures of the little guy all bundled up before we headed out.
He was pretty excited to see the animals and kept barking like a dog all morning ... we didn't see any dogs at the zoo (hahaha ... wouldn't that be funny?) But, at least he kind of understood what was going on.
We saw some little tree monkeys first off and Seth thought they were pretty cool. he was pointing at them and watching them jump from tree to tree and laughing! They were kind of funny to watch. So, here's Seth showing me the monkeys.
Next up the elephants! Their size always amazed me ... especially ever since a few years ago when I saw a national Geographic about Rogue Elephants in Africa that go crazy and I won't mention the other crazy parts of the story ... but, just trust me they are crazy!
(random tangent now over)
These elephants were not Rogue ... but so fun. Actually, one of my favorite parts! There was a three month old baby elephant that just came out to play this week and he was soooooo cute! I had no idea how little baby elephants were?
Look how cute and tiny he is. Who knew they were that small? In real life they even looked smaller than in the picture! Seth kept pointing to the big one and saying "mom" ... adorable!
Okay these were some freakin' crazy looking animals. I still don't know what they are but they looked like a mix between a pig, a porcupine, and an anteater. They were so crazy ugly. Seth started laughing at them right when we pulled up.
Nest up was Seth's favorite! the giraffes! He just loved them. He was running back and forth looking at them and smiling so big. Again he was saying, "momma" and "bbbbb" trying to get baby out.
The baby was so cute! He was just a little guy chillin' with him mommy! Okay, weird tangent starting -- We were watching the Giraffe eat and when he swallowed you could see his food go all the way down his long long neck and into his stomach, it was kind of nasty and one of those things that is so weird/gross you can't stop watching it.
Yay for baby animals at the zoo!
There were also three baby tiger cubs all cuddling together and they were super cute. But, too far away to get a good picture.
Next up: crazy big monkeys. Apparently the gorillas weren't into playing today, but the orangutans were in there to say hello. Here is Seth by the monkey size chart ... apparently he is the same size as an infant orangutan.
Kind of hard to see because of the glass, but there is a huge monkey and a baby too. We were the only ones in the monkey house (that name is kind of funny to me) and when we went up to the window the big monkey came right up to us and sat in front and stated kind of playing with the boys. It was so fun! Then the baby kind of got jealous and started doing crazy things to get attention: Swinging upside down with lettuce in his mouth, doing summer salts, and throwing the straw around. It was kind of cute!
Also, the baby monkey came up to the window when Seth was up against the glass and gave him a kiss through the window. Cute! And Seth totally knew what had happened because he immediately came over to me to give me a kiss too ... just like at home with mom and dad! It was cute!
We went on a carousel ride. Seth was a little too freaked out for the moving animals, but we totally rocked the stationary peacock! And watching the moving animals was fun for him!
Finally, we went on the train ride and I didn't really get a good picture, but Seth thought it was pretty cool.
We got a souvenir in the gift shop. A little book called elephant and mommy with a little stuffed animal baby elephant too! Seth thought it was pretty fun and since he's really into books I thought it would be fun for him.





8 comments:
so cute!!! i wish i could have gone with you, it looks like so much fun. and that elephant is super tiny! who knew.
You are such a fun mom!! I love Seth's souvenir too, he is so cute with it!
That picture of Seth hugging the little elephant is just SO precious. Glad you had fun at the zoo.
isn't the zoo the best? Although it is always super smelly. That is so awesome you took mr. seth. I wish I could have come! I love his reddish head of hair. What a big boy he's becoming. I miss you girl!
he is just too cute!
It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. That baby elephant is so cute! As is Seth! Cute pictures!
Seth has gotten so much bigger, and he's way cute! I love that picture of him lounging on the floor and hugging the elephant!
That looked like fun. Seth looked so cute all bundled up at the zoo!
Post a Comment