Monday, October 18, 2010

Our Relaxing Weekend ...

This weekend we pretty much did nothing! We've been having visitors a lot lately, which has been SOOOOO much fun! But, it was nice to take it easy and not have really anything planned. Friday I decided to try to make one of my favorite treats. I've never tried before, and thought it was the perfect opportunity to test it out.

So, what did I make?

Apples

+ Carmels (and a few other goodies)

= Yummy Caramel Apples!
(Apple pie Caramel Apples, to be exact!)

I'm not gonna lie, they turned out pretty dang good! I was a little nervous they wouldn't work. I get pretty upset when I try something that doesn't turn out the way I want (yes, I'm a little OCD that way) But, these turned out great. Now that I know I can handle it, I may be trying some different creations!

On Friday I was visiting a lady from church and she gave me a ton of hydrangeas from her garden! I was so excited. I think they look beautiful! They are just what I needed to brighten up my house for the weekend!

On Sunday after church, we were scarfing down some lunch when I looked over and saw Seth trying on my shoes! It was seriously so funny. The best part was how good he was walking around in them! I guess his little foot fit perfectly in the toe part so it was working out well for him!

Once he realized how funny he was being he started making a show out of it (me with the camera may have added to it!) haha ... check out our little comedian!



What a crack up! It's a good thing I have this little dude to hang out with all the time. He keeps me smiling and keeps me laughing non stop!

Funny story for the weekend:

Seth is really into thanking people for specific things. "Thank you for the chocolate Milk and breakfast mommy!" or to the nursery teacher at church, "Thank you for teaching me nursery teacher!" Anyway, this weekend I was changing his diaper and he said,

"Thank you for cleaning my turd mommy!"

Seriously, how do I get anything done around here with this little comedian around! Hope you all had a great weekend!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun!! Glad you had a chance to relax!

Katie said...

Seth cracks me up! At least he is thoughtful in thanking you.

Aubrey said...

I know that boy is a parrot, so the real question is...where did he hear that word before? Hahah!

I love his pictures in your shoes. Those will be great for blackmail later in his life ;)

Jeff and Whitney said...

Are those apple pie caramel apples? A student gave them to me the first year I taught second grade and I told the mom I had to get the recipe. They're awesome! And such a good gift. She made hers look cute and awesome like yours, and I was impressed. I'm glad they turned out. They look good!

Wiseguys said...

Cool caramel apples. I'm too chicken to try those. For some reason I can bake, but when it comes to melting sugar (ya know for fudge or chocolate or candy) I always burn it. I'm very impressed!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh i love the dancing around in your shoes!!! hahaha!! you will have to keep that photo as blackmale for sure!! hehe. so adorable. kids are so funny. and email me your recipe for those apples!!!!! yUMMMMYYYY!!! liselle.parry@gmail.com