Monday, March 12, 2012

Disneyland Part 1: Character Breakfast and Seth's First Crush!

WE HAD SO MUCH FUN IN DISNEYLAND!!!!
It was seriously, the most fun trip! I'm posting things out of order because I'm dying to show our Disneyland pictures and there are a million! I'll go back and cover the other SUPER FUN parts of our trip once I get all the Disney posts up!

Anyway, we started out our Disney Adventure at Goofy's Kitchen for Breakfast the first morning before heading into the park. We thought it would get Seth ready for the fun and show him how the whole seeing characters, getting your picture with them thing worked. Aunt Danika got him a really cute autograph book with a photo slot on each page so you can have a picture of you with the character next to their autograph. It's so cute and will be really fun to look back on.

At this point Seth knew we were going to Disneyland, but didn't exactly know what that meant or what he was getting himself into. But ... he was excited none the less! (All he really wanted to do what see Mickey ... which (spoiler alert!) happened later in the day)

This was such a fun breakfast and I would totally recommend it to anyone going with kids! Goofy greeted us and we got a picture with him, I didn't want to scan it in, so maybe I'll get it up here sometime?

Our first table guest was Chip. Seth was a little unsure of how things worked at first so he was a little skeptical for a few minutes.

Then came Pluto and he was a crack up with the kids. He moved his whiskers all over tickling them and they both got a kick out of it. Seth was really excited and had fun with Pluto.


Next up was Rafiki. Really ... why do they even have him as a character dressed up? Anyway, this could be my favorite picture from the trip! It's hilarious ... and needless to say, Seth wasn't really feelin' Rafiki!

Shelby is looking at him like what the heck?

Then we saw Baloo the bear. He was kind of silly and at this point Seth was starting to be all about the characters and LOVED it.

He actually ate a good amount at breakfast and was excited when Nick brought him to "dirt and worms" to eat. (It was a brunch thing, so they had a ton of different foods)

Shelby was totally clueless, but cute none the less!

Dale was next up and Seth was in the bathroom when he stopped by, so it was kind of hilarious with just Shelby there. She just stared at him for a while and then he left. LOL

We caught up with him really quick and snapped a shot with him for Seth!

But ... the best part of the breakfast had to be Princess Aurora! She was a hit! She was oh so cute with Seth and kept saying the cutest things in her high pitched princess voice.
"I'm so glad you came all the way to Disneyland to visit me and my friends!"

"Isn't Goofy just the best cook? Minnie's always telling me he makes the best pies and today I finally got a chance to try one and it was delicious!"

"If you see my friends Minnie and Mickey before I do today make sure you tell them hello for me, my prince!"

When she signed her name she said, "Now, I'm signing this Princess Aurora, but you can always call me Sleeping Beauty!"


I mean really ... I got teared up it was so cute and Seth was eating it up! It seemed to magical seeing it through his eyes (cheesy, I'm well aware, but true) After she left our table Seth kept talking about how beautiful she was and said she looked just like a princess. He talked about it throughout the morning and even brought it up again this morning.

Oh, my goodness! After this he was ready for Disneyland and couldn't wait to get over there to see what exactly it had in store for him.

Tons, and I do mean TONS, of pictures to and posts to come!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

What an amazing trip! SO glad Seth enjoyed it. Makes all the money and effort worth it!

Aubrey said...

That Rafiki picture is amazinggggggg