Monday, March 12, 2012

Disneyland Part 2: The Happiest Place on Earth

When we walked in to Disneyland it was "dream come true, sensory overload" for Seth! There were characters everywhere walking towards the castle for their morning show and it was just so much fun. As we walked across town square Alice welcomed us and told us she's sorry, but she needed to run because she was in a hurry! (so cute) ...


then the mad hatter played peek-a-boo with Shelby for a second. She was cracking up ... how much fun is that!?

When we got to the Castle, Seth was excited. He's seen it on TV a bunch and couldn't wait to go there. He was so enthralled with it in fact and we spent about 20 minutes checking it out. (The little room on the side)

We spent most of the morning in Fantasy Land riding all the cute storybook rides and Seth was all about it. Some of the movies he'd not seen, but he was eating it up! Shelby wasn't too sure of what to think, but she was a happy camper a long for the ride. Her hair looks pretty crazy and unruly in this picture! lol

Nick went on dumbo with Seth and it was big hit right away. I was worried about how Seth would do with all the lines for the rides, but because there was so much around to see and watch he didn't seem to ever be too bothered by them.

He kept his dumbo up on the highest it would go for pretty much the whole ride, so we couldn't get a picture until they "landed"

Shelby, unfortunately started to get sick our first day there. She had a fever and was just not feeling too well. She spent a lot of the day asleep in the stroller ... but she was a good sport none the less.

The Tea Cups were another fun one for Seth. He had a goofy smile on his face the whole ride!

At Disneyland Seth wanted to really check everything out. I had to tell myself going into the trip that we were doing this for Seth not for us. I wanted to make sure I was focused on letting Seth set the pace and not totally overwhelming him. He wanted to check out everything, so we let him most of the time. I wanted him to have fun so I tried to go slow and let him savor the things he thought were fun about Disneyland, rather than worry about getting "everything" in.

I think my plan worked and therefore, Seth had this smile plastered on his face for 2 whole days.

It's a small world was a big hit, he loved being in the boats. Also, since I'd been there they've added a few new characters in the mix ... here's Woody and Bulls eye!

This was his honest to goodness face during most of the rides ... PRICELESS! He was totally wide eyed checking every little thing out.

We then headed up to toon town to check out Minnie and Mickey's houses ... this was a MUST for Seth. He kept asking when we were going to get to Mickey's house. I guess since I told him Mickey lived at Disneyland, he wanted to see the actual proof! lol When we walked in to Minnie's house Seth jumped up and cozy-ed up to this cute chair and made himself at home.

He thought it would be funny to pretend to take a nap on Minnie's chaise lounge.

And her kitchen was a big hit as well. so cute!

FINALLY, we made it to Mickey's house. Seth was bouncing off the walls about it!

He relaxed for a minute in Pluto's dog bed.

We even lucked out because Mickey was actually there when we were going through. We ended up having to wait quite a while to see him, but it wasn't the worst thing in the world and once Seth knew he was there, we didn't have a choice.

Seth was sooooooooooooooooooooo excited. They took us in to see Mickey in groups. Seth was the first one in our group and just ran in there like he'd been waiting his whole life to do it (which I guess he had been). We could hardly get a picture because Seth didn't want to turn around to look at the camera because then he wouldn't get to see Mickey. They were really nice about giving you a lot of time and Seth ate up every second ... his dream came true!

After all the excitement he wanted some cotton candy (and so did I) but he laid down in the stroller and fell asleep with a piece of it in his hand. So many people who walked by were smiling at him in there to exhausted to eat his treat.

We let Seth nap for a while, while we ate some lunch. Danika and Nick went ahead and turkey-legged it up! Lets all be honest, those things smell delicious in the park!

Eventually, we couldn't resist Seth of his favorite food ... popcorn! Danika got him some in a cute container and he carried it around thinking he was so awesome!

After more rides including Seth favorite "Pirates of the Care" (as he called it all day and still does) he ended up riding the Winnie the Pooh ride several times and I had a cute Mickey ear hat made for each of the kids. I tried to get Seth to want a cute woody or buzz one (have you seen all the new Mickey hats.... so cute), but he wanted to stay with the old school one. He's more a classic kind of guy!

This was his new pose he came up with. He was walking out of the park hopping on one foot and cracking up. He was pretty much in a happy coma. What can we say? Disney is the happiest place on earth ... especially when you're there with this kid!

(if you can believe it, more photos and Disney to come soon)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Seth looks so happy! We went to Disneyland a couple summers ago with Joeys family, including 9 nieces and nephews. I was afraid it wouldn't be fun with little kids, but it really was. It is a magical place.

M2 (Melissa) said...

So glad you are having fun!! I can't wait to go!!

Mama Scribbler said...

Yes, I must say my favorite picture is Seth passed out in the stroller clutching his cotton candy. Absolutely classic! So fun reading about your awesome experience!