Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Cute Boys

Well, this week has been sooooo crazy and has flown by! Seth hasn't been sleeping well and I'm not exactly sure why? I don't know if he's getting tooth or just going through a growth spurt or what? All I know is that I haven't been getting much sleep and it's making my life crazy! I feel like I can't get anything done that I want to because I have no energy. On top of not sleeping, Seth has been so cranky! Not to mention a lovely Dr. appointment yesterday with three shots. (That's never fun!) So, now he's extra cranky and both Nick and I got pretty much no sleep last night because of it. 

So, I realize I sound like I'm complaining and whiny and to be honest, I really have been. Getting not much sleep doesn't put you in the best, most optimistic mood you know; But, I was uploading some pictures to the computer and couldn't help but smile. Despite my lack of sleep and negative disposition I have two cute boys who just love me! Nick and I have been going through a lot together lately, trying to figure out how to be parents and all; But, at the end of the day I'm really lucky to have him; and Seth is pretty much the best thing that ever happened! He's cranky and whiny, but when I hold him it's like the best thing in the world for him. I'm lucky to have them both ... look how cute they are!


So, I know this post is not a usual post for me, it probably sounds pretty ridiculous ... but I'm fortunate for what I have even if it takes me a while to realize it. Call me cheesy ... I'll take it! :) 



5 comments:

Celeste said...

You are very lucky- what a cute family you have! Seth's smile is so contagious too. And don't worry, Xander goes through a rough sleeping week every few months and I can't figure out why but within a week it usually works itself out and he's back to sleeping through the night. Especially after we've been traveling or he's been around more family and he's used to being held more. And don't be afraid of infant tylenol, there's been a few nights where I gave it to him because I didn't know what else to do and he slept soundly after that. Good luck!

Elizabeth said...

Seth is so cute you should enter him into a beautiful baby contest. Regis and Kelley are hosting one right now. I just wanted to let you know.

The Petersen Family said...

I liked your post! I just think Seth looks so cute with that little grin on the last picture. I know how you feel with a baby that won't sleep, and it is not fun at all. But it's still worth it when they smile at you. I'm glad he finally slept last night. Traveling is hard on little ones. It takes Dallin awhile to get back into a routine. Keep up all the cute pictures of Seth!! I just love that smile :)

Katie Blacker said...

yay one happy family! I am glad everything is going ok - despite the lack of sleep. You do have a great family.

emilie s. d. p. said...

I hope you're able to get more sleep soon but I'm glad that you have two cute boys to love and take care of you!
I can't believe all the driving you did over the holidays either. You guys are nuts :o) I'm glad you were able to spend so much time with the family though.
So do you guys know where you're going to go to law school yet? Keep me posted. We're applying right now so hopefully we'll know within the next couple of months.