Tuesday, July 28, 2009

4th of July in the Hood

Yes, we are alive! We went on vacation for 2 1/2 weeks in Kansas and we had so much fun! We left just before the 4th in order to celebrate my favorite holiday at home with our neighborhood family! Ever since I can remember the 4th of July has been a pretty hard-core holiday with celebration from morning till midnight! Since Nick and I have been married we haven't been able to join in the festivities so I made sure we'd be there this year.

Phase 1 : The neighborhood parade! We haven't actually participated in this for a few years, but Seth definitely wanted to!


Walking up to Tomahawk Elementary (my old stomping grounds) to start the parade.

Check out his sweet ride! Chelsea and I made it fabulous and festive!


Next Up Phase Two: The Water Fight!

We are hard core - no loyalty at all ... every man for himself!

Seth got the raw end of the "no-loyalty" by accident ... so he had to sit out after a minute or two of watching the chaos!

Grandpa Wofford - ready for action!

Nick and Taylor stalking their next victims! :) It was probably me.

Seth found a safe place away from the craziness!

the whole crew minus grandma Wofford taking the picture!

We went for a dip after the water fight (why not?) and did some creative jumping ...
just like old times!

Seth enjoying the pool!



the 4th in hard work ... I would have fallen asleep to if i'd been in a floaty like that!

the other phases I didn't capture picture of but just FYI i'll give you a list.

Phase 3: Going to Missouri to purchase fire works
(which we definitely did this right this year)
Those of you involved know what I mean

Phase 4: neighborhood BBQ dinner at the Oliver's casa (picture above)

Phase 5: City fireworks. this year we decided to go see Gardner's and they were
actually pretty good.

Phase 6: Our fireworks show. They were pretty crazy.
Lets just say SUPERNOVA!!!!
I hope that little elementary school stays intact after that show.

The 4th was so much fun! I LOVED being home and we apart of all the fun!

More posts to follow in the next few days of the rest of our crazy long trip.


4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Yay! Seth looks so stylin' in his 4th of July get-up

Elizabeth said...

I love how Seth is hiding in the bucket. The 4th is a great holiday.

Celeste said...

Sounds like a super fun 4th of July! I love the idea of having a water fight!

Kevin and Heather Hirst said...

Seth is so cute in his little wagon! Fourth of July is my favorite holiday-it looks like you guys had so much fun:)