The same day we got Seth's haircut we had a few other activities planned. We went to Deanne Rose, which is a petting zoo with farm animals and such. As a kid we always went there a few times each summer. Now it's gotten all cute and is expanding quite a bit from when we were young. It was pretty fun taking Seth around to places I visited growing up!
I'm Wishing ... I'm Wishing ... For The One I Love
There's Nick, Grandpa and Seth feeding the crazy Japanese Coy. Seth thought it was pretty fun!
I'm Wishing ... I'm Wishing ... For The One I Love
Daddy and Seth being attacked by the Huge goats! Seth wasn't quite sure what to think of them at this point?
Here's Seth feeding them. A minute later one kind of nibbled on his finger and it really freaked him out ... but lets be honest it was kind of funny.
Grandpa Wofford taming the goats with his old school techniques he learned as a boy! haha ... really sometime you should ask him to do his goat noises ... pretty hilarious!
Posing with this crazy one. It was one of those ones with a rad beard ... he looked like a cartoon character or one of Charlotte's web friends.
There was a little school house we ran to for some AC. Seth sat in one of the small desks in the front ... cute! One day he'll be headed off to kindergarten to a real school (before I know it!)
They had a little dairy farm exhibit that was so cute. There were a few dairy cows in there and Seth loved the baby ones! He kept petting them and laughing. I'm pretty sure he's going to end up being a farmer.
It was freaking hot the day we went and we grabbed some lemonade. Seth drank more than half on Nick's ... poor guy was so thirsty (that and the sweet lemonade probably tasted AMAZING!)
yes, more goats. These were the actual baby goats and you could feed them bottles. We got one and Nick and Seth went for it. Those goats are super crazy!
Seth was a little nervous about them and also confused as to why we had a bottle that we weren't feeding him, but these crazy goats!
Later that night we went out to the Osawatmie, Kansas airport to this BBQ restaurant my dad and his friend Mark discovered. It's called We Be Smokin' and it is freaking good! We've been hearing about it for a while now and really wanted to try it out so it went on the infamous calendar and we headed out there. We had baby back ribs with a sweet honey glaze, the best baked beans I've had in a long time and some crazy good fried green beans! (Along with about 20 pounds of other good food)





2 comments:
I love your matching plaid shorts! What a cute little farm. I love little resturaunts like that!
I love Deanna Rose. I used to go there all the time when I was little too. I haven't been in so long though. I love the pictures...they bring back memories.
Post a Comment