Thursday, July 30, 2009

Seth's First Haircut

Seth's hair has been getting long and crazy for a little while now and I knew I needed to get it cut. However, I was scared to do it myself. I kept picturing a terrible bowl cut or something! I kept putting it off. In Kansas we decided to take care of the long hair. It was hanging over Seth's eyes and looking pretty scrappy.

Before:

We found a cute little kid hair cut place and decided to take Seth there. He got to sit in a sweet car and play while he was getting snipped. This place was so cool. the kids on the other side of him were probably 7 or 8 and they were playing play station games while getting their hair cut.

Also, they had pedicures and manicures for little girls. HOW CUTE IS THAT? They had little chairs in the back all set up like a little princess's fantasy! I would have LOVED that when I was little. They had a DIVA PACKAGE where you could get your mani, pedi, and your hair done. (Complete with an entire wall of adorable bows you could pick out to put in your cute new hair do!) Seriously, i better have GIRL at some point ... what will I do if I can't take my little girl to do fun things like this?

Back to the real story ... Seth thought it was pretty fun to be in the car and get to wear a crazy cape too!

He was such a good boy while getting his hair cut. he stayed pretty still for most of the time and didn't cry or even get scared at all!


At some point he did decide he wanted to stand up while getting his hair done though.

So he jacked a comb and started to play with that ... how entertaining right?

There's grandma keeping him amused for the time being.

AFTER:

How handsome does he look? What a little man! After getting his hair cut, it finally started dawning on me and Nick that Seth was going to be a year so soon. He looked like a little boy now, no more baby Seth. Sad, but so much fun at the same time.

There's hairy Daddy with the new haircut boy.

After watching the lady cut Seth's hair I think I can probably keep it up and do it myself, at least for a while. But, I'm glad I took him in so that I could see how to go about the hair cut. (Also, I didn't want to embarrass him in front of all his friends at his birthday party a few days later)

6 comments:

Celeste said...

The hair cut makes him look like such a little boy! I love that picture of him smiling at the end with his new stylin' haircut! Looks like a really fun place for a kid to get their hair cut.

Chelsea and Bryan Haslam said...

I need to edit together my footage so you guys can have your own personal first haircut doc!

Mama Scribbler said...

SO handsome! :-)

Aubrey said...

Love his little missionary part! So cute!

Elizabeth said...

good idea going to the barber, I cut Madelynns hair and it turned out alright...just a little crooked.

The Petersen Family said...

Nice haircut Seth! That seems like a really neat place to get his haircut!