Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fly Me To The Moon, Let Me Play Amung The Stars ....

Yesterday we went to the Provo airport. they had some WWII bombers and fighter planes among other things. It was pretty cool to see the real deal up close. You'll have to excuse my post because I have no idea the technical names for any of these planes ...

But this first one was a bomber. It was called Witchcraft ... you can see the number of missions it did on the side of the plane. Pretty sweet!


Seth and I are in front of some other type of fighter plane here. Nick took this picture below and it turned out pretty sweet ... it looks like the plane is actually flying through the air.


This plane (to me) looked like it should be attached to bar on a ride at a theme park going up and down. did that even make sense? I just thought it was so cute!

Here are some of my hot pin-ups .... haha I just about burned my elbows off trying to take the picture, it was soooo hot outside!!!




Seth and Nick in some other type of airplane that looked pretty sweet,
but scary so actually fly in.



You can't really tell in this picture, but this plane had the Nazi swastikas on the side to show how many planes this guy shot down ... it was pretty cool.
They are to the left underneath the cock-pit.

Seth thought all the buttons and controllers in the helicopter were pretty cool.


He's a cool dude. Or as some creepy old man that looked like he smoked
18 packs a day called him, "Mr. Hollywood!"

After we went to Chili's for dinner to cool off! Seth was bright red and we all enjoyed the cold restaurant and cool drinks. Seth was having fun with his apple juice.

While waiting for the check Seth was playing the drums with our silverware and anything on the table ... I guess he's taking after uncle Taylor!


We had a fun afternoon/evening together seeing a cool part of history. Nick loves to learn about WWII and he really had a good time checking out the airplanes. Sorry about my 85 posts in the last few days ... just catching up and getting back into the swing of things.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like fun! I love your pin ups or whatever you call them. You look great btw! Oh and happy anniversary. And I love it when people update their blog...so don't apologize!

Katie Blacker said...

hmmm so you can just like go check out all these cool planes at the P-town airport? for real? how did you discover this? because most people don't just go drive by there...it's kind of out of the way. Im impressed at you're activity-doing skills...it's darn right inspiring.

Aubrey said...

I think I see a little future Navy pilot there, hehe :)

It looks like it was a fun outing!!