Thursday, January 13, 2011

Kansas Part 1


Well, yet another month passed with out me blogging. We were basically out of town for the whole month and the first part of January! So, the next few days I'm going to be posting A LOT!!! I'm going a little bit out of order, but whatever ... you'll see why we didn't get around to blogging the last little while.

Seth and I flew to Kansas while Nick finished up studying and finals. We had a fun time playing and hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa Wofford. We even got a chance to see Grandma and Grandpa Larsen too. They were visiting my parents in Kansas and it worked out perfectly for us to see them for a few days.

We headed down to Crown Center one night and took Seth to eat at Fritz's. It's a fun Kansas City favorite, especially for kids. You order by calling in your order on a telephone and then a train brings your food out to you. Seth got a kick out of it. We'd watch the trains come out and every time it wasn't our order and passed our table Seth would say, "OH, MAN!!"

We walked around Crown Center for a few minutes and saw some of the fun Christmas stuff. We also let Seth run around the Crayola store and he even made a Masterpiece there! He was pretty proud of it!

Our next move was to head over to Union Station to see the train display. We've done this for several years now and were really excited. Well, this year they changed the way it works and it was only open certain times and they closed really early. It was annoying, but we still got to see a few things there. Seth jumped right in the train car right under the closed sign!

There were a few train displays available to see after hours ... so we at least saw something. Seth thought it was fun to run around the huge hall there in Union Station. So, I guess that's all that mattered.


Grandma and Grandpa Larsen had a fun time seeing the fun Christmas stuff there too ... it was a successful night, just not the one we planned.

After a few days Grandma and Grandpa Larsen had to head back to Utah. Seth snapped a few pictures with grandpa before they left ...

He even tried on grandpa's fancy hat!

We went to a church Christmas party where Seth got to see Santa. At first we was a little hesitant, but he warmed up pretty well. He told Santa he wanted some presents and some Duplos!

P.S. I had to personally cut up 9 rotisserie chickens for this party. Not a good idea for a pregnant lady ... I won't go into detail but lets just say, it'll be a while before I can eat or even smell one of those again.

The major highlight of Grandma Wofford's house is the McDonald's ... well, his room in general. (It's been turned into a playroom for him) He LOVES LOVES LOVES playing McDonald's in there. Whenever we say we're going to Grandma's house, the first thing he asks is if he can play "Old McDonald's"

He gets pretty into taking orders and LOVES wearing the outfit.

One day he was playing forever and told me he needed a snack. He was eating some cheese popcorn (his new favorite thing) and was full on energy ...

... and 2 seconds later he was about to fall asleep while eating. All that McDonald's play will take it out of you. Needless to say, it was nap time!

We also put up a Christmas tree by his room. Since we left so early in the month, I didn't put one up at our house in Toledo. So, we decided he needed to help put one up.

All of his ornaments ended up in the same spot. After getting frustrated with them not hooking on the tree he would just place them in the tree ... so we ended up with a little pile under the tree too!

He was having fun with Grandpa building with Duplos in his room too!

Another major highlight for Seth was baking cookies with grandma. She got his a little gingerbread man apron so he could help out. He just LOVED it!
I'm not sure how much of an actual help he was at this point ... but he sure was having fun!



Cutting out cookies was also a fun task for Seth. He did what every little kid does when cutting out cookies .... put the first cutter right in the middle of the dough. I was having flashbacks to when I used to make cookies with my cousins and grandma.



Here is an action shot of Seth decorating his cookie!


I also decorated some festive cookies ...


And I made a fancy gingerbread star tree ... I know, I'm 10 but it was so much fun!

Before we headed down to Texas for Christmas we celebrated with my parents in Kansas. Seth was pretty excited to get to open presents.

All through Christmas he was a crack up about opening gifts. He would take all the paper off ... even the tape if it was stuck before even looking at what was in the package. What a character!

Max (Seth's bear) even got a present from grandma ...

it was a little Christmas sweater. Seth thought it was pretty cool that Max got a gift. However, the next day when we were driving to Texas he all of a sudden was jealous of the sweater and he decided he needed to wear it .... a look at things to come?

Well, it was a fun to play around in Kansas for a few weeks. Both Seth and I were so excited when Nick got there. We had been missing our daddy!

Next up: Texas

4 comments:

Celeste said...

What a fun trip! Glad you got to spend time with both families. We're driving through Kansas City next month and we may have to drive out that Fritzs' place.

M2 (Melissa) said...

You sound like you had a great time! Looking forward to seeing you again!

Mama Scribbler said...

I had never heard of Fritz's. Sounds like so much fun for little boys. I always love your posts. So many awesome stories and cute pictures :-)

Aubrey said...

Those are some awesome boots Seth has!

I kind of want to go to Fritz's too. I'm a little jealous.