Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Our June Bug

Fair Warning: This post has a ton of pictures!!

Life has been pretty good the last few days. Since yesterday I've been actually able to move around the house pretty well with little pain. We've ventured out of the house for a few occasions as well. Today I even took Seth to playgroup (more on that soon).

Anyway, you can see what Shelby is really looking like. Now that she isn't all swollen and red from birth. Even in the last week at home, she's changed so much! It's so crazy. She looks so much like Seth as a baby. I'll have to post a picture of the two of them so you can see how similar they look.

Here is the lady of the hour, just waving "Hello" to all you blog readers! :)


I have to give a shout out to my cute friend Lindsey from church. She made these AMAZINGLY cute cupcakes when she brought dinner over to us. I was seriously in shock at how adorable they were and how much time she put into them. (and they were delicious too).

Seriously, my church family helped us out so much those first few days. Things were pretty crazy with Nick and my mom trying to take care of me, Seth and Shelby. They brought us meals for several days and each night it was such a relief to not stress over dinner or dishes. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to all the lovely ladies who helped out!

Seth is getting pretty cute with Shelby. Whenever she makes a squawk, he runs to her rescue and tells her, "It's okay baby Shelby" what a good big brother. He is always showering her with kisses as well.


This little girl loves to have something in her mouth at all times. Sometimes she gets lucky enough to move her hand perfectly to get that thumb in there. She's been working on this trick for quite a while, I saw her sucking her thumb on one of our ultrasounds.

After her second bath at home (which she didn't cry for and was actually some what enjoying) she got all wrapped up and ready to get dressed when she decided to pee all over Nick. It was pretty hilarious.

But how could you be mad at this cute peaceful little face?

While grandma was in town Seth had a blast with her. He keeps asking me when we get to go to her house and play. He wants to play in her fun playroom, especially with the "Old McDonald's" set, it seems to be his favorite thing ever!

One of the fun activities they did together was paint this stool my mom brought him. He picked out bright green paint because that it currently his favorite color. He had a blast and I was quite surprised at how careful he was while painting. He did a good job and had a blast doing it.
He's pretty proud of his stool now and uses it to get himself wherever he needs to around the house. (Mostly to get places he knows he shouldn't)!

They say babies can't smile at this point and that it's maybe just gas. However, this little girl smiles ALL THE TIME, so I'm inclined to disagree this time around. I caught the end of a smile on camera this other day.

What a cute little peanut!

The night before my mom left we decided to venture out of the house. I was starting to feel pretty good and we needed to get out a little. Seth enjoyed his Mac and Cheese ...

... and Shelby enjoyed a nap. She didn't wake up the entire time we were out!

Seth showed baby Shelby how to play in her little jungle play yard the other day too. It was probably the cutest thing I've seen yet between them. She was so cute with her and kept asking her which thing she wanted to play with. He was smiling so big, thinking it was pretty cool to have a friend in there with him.


Shelby may already be a daddy's girl. Who knows how things will be when he's gone for a while, but right now she loves cuddling with daddy (especially in the middle of the night!) And look she's holding her head up too!

This was her first dress ever! She is so tiny that she doesn't fit into any of the cute clothes I have for her. I'm dying for her to gain a few lbs so I can dress her up everyday. This one kind of fit her, it makes her look bigger than she is, but I couldn't wait anymore. The 3 or 4 onesies that she's been wearing lately are getting old, so I've been trying out a few cute things the last few days.

We took her to the Dr. last week and they were a tiny bit concerned with her weight. Nothing alarming, but we have to take her back in this week to make sure she's gaining more weight. I'm not worried about it, because lately she's been eating non-stop and I feel like she's getting a little bigger everyday. When we left the hospital she was 5 lb 10 oz and she was 5 lb 11 oz at the Dr. So, I'm hoping she's closer to the 6 lb mark this week!

This picture makes me laugh. It looks like she could still be in my belly laying there snoozing on my stomach!

Seth and Shelby getting ready for another outing with the family. Seth thinks it's kind of fun to have a back seat friend now in the car. I always feel bad when the kids have to face backward. I feel like they just have to stare at the seat and that has to get old. Anyway, at least for Shelby she'll have Seth back there to look at and entertain her. (which I'm sure he'll have no problem doing).

Anyway, I'm feeling back to normal the last few days. My back pain seems to get better everyday and I'm so thankful for that. Shelby has been such a good baby. She's been a trooper through all the drama. She really doesn't cry much and sleeps all the time. We've been calling her snoozerella! She eats like a champ and is pretty content and easy going. I hope that continues!

I'm sure there will be more posts with ridiculous amounts of pictures to come.

8 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh my goodness she is so cute and so tiny! How lucky are you that Seth is so well adjusted?! What a champ for a big brother :)

DeAnne said...

Hooray for "little girls!" Miss M was only 5lbs 6oz at birth and droped to almost 5 even when we left the hospital. But if she is eating all the time (and the smaller they are the more often they want to eat) she'll be filling out those newborn sized outfits in no time!

Claytie and Suzie said...

I loved all the pictures! Especially Shelby's smile. What a sweetheart! It was fun to see you yesterday at playgroup! Sorry we didn't get to talk much, but I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and better. Call if you need anything!

Mama Scribbler said...

Yay! I'm so glad to hear you're starting to feel better. Shelby DOES look so much like Seth! So cute! I love how attentive he is to her. Must make your heart swell to watch them together. In our case, Alexander pretty much ignores Jacob. But Alexander pretty much ignores everybody. :-) Such sweet pictures. Keep getting better!

Celeste said...

Love how cute and darling she is! Glad Nick is getting in some good bonding time before he has to leave.

Tanaya and Tim said...

We are so excited for you! She is such a pretty baby. We're glad to have a new addition to the Larsen family. Keep the pictures coming!

Katie said...

Shelby is so cute!!! She looks so much like Seth did as a baby, just more dainty.

Jenny & Tanner said...

Congratulations Sarah! She is so sweet and beautiful. And Seth really is such a cute big brother. I'm glad everything went well getting her here and that you're feeling better after all the craziness. Thank goodness for moms and all they do! Well, you've got a cutie!
P.S. I need your address please!!!