Well, Nick has been gone over a week now and I'm not going to lie IT HAS BEEN HARD! I knew it wasn't going to be a walk in the park, but man! Poor Seth is having a hard time adjusting to Nick being gone and having baby sister taking up some of my time. He's acting up when I nurse, which is hard because it's not like I can run after him while I'm nursing. So, to top it all off both of my beautiful children were sick this week. Fever, vomit, diarrhea, the whole 9 yards! It was AMAZING! blah!
Anyway, between the kids being sick we had one day of some type of normalcy. Seth was feeling better (before Shelby was sick) and we headed to playgroup with our friends to play in the pool. Seth and his friend Felicity were taking a snack break.
Shelby was enjoying being out in the sun for a little bit.
Anyway, between the kids being sick we had one day of some type of normalcy. Seth was feeling better (before Shelby was sick) and we headed to playgroup with our friends to play in the pool. Seth and his friend Felicity were taking a snack break.
When we got home and changed it was nap time. I put Shelby down on Seth's bed with him for a minute while I was getting a few things done. When I came back they were just looking and smiling at each other. It was so cute, and luckily my camera was just in the other room so I snapped a few pictures of the precious moment!
Even though it's hard on him sometimes, Seth is such a cute big brother and loves his little sister.
She's getting so big!! She's such a tiny peanut and everyone who sees her for the first time can't believe how small she is. But, she's getting so big compared to her arrival and she's changing so much everyday! This is the outfit we brought her home from the hospital in and it's finally actually fitting her.
Okay, so once Shelby got sick I started to slowly loose it. I hadn't slept much for a week and that was making me loose my mind and feel like a crazy person. I called my mom Friday morning to vent about my frustrations and express my concern for Shelby being sick. They work in the LDS St. Louis temple once a month and it just happened to be their weekend to be there. They decided to cancel working and come up and help me out for the weekend. Yes, I did feel a little incompetent once they told me they were heading up for the weekend, but it was great to have them here. My mom took Shelby at night so I was able to get more sleep than I have in 2 weeks combined! Both my mom and dad played with Seth and he was able to get some much needed one on one attention from someone. Even though they were only here for 36 hours and I'm headed home on Wednesday anyway, I honestly think I could have lost my mind this weekend if they hadn't showed up. They were my life savers .... I'm not ashamed to admit it.
On Saturday Night we roasted marshmallows and had s'mores. Seth wasn't really into the s'mores, but he ate all the ingredients separately.
It was such a beautiful night. Perfect for hanging out on the back porch and enjoying the breeze! Shelby was eying the s'mores ... maybe in a few years girlie!
Shelby and grandma were night time buddies so I could get a good 2 night's of sleeping in! :) (which makes for a much more happy mommy!)





8 comments:
I'm glad you made it through the weekend, and we can't wait to see you so soon! Hang in there and we will gladly take the little ones off your hands :)
I luh-ove that first picture of Seth and Shelby on his bed. So special! I'm so glad to hear your parents were able to come and help you. Sleep is such a precious commodity, I bet that felt wonderful. I understand the feeling incompetent part but try to remember that really that's just a feeling. As moms we're our own harshest critics, everyone else knows you're great!
Oh, and Seth WOULD love Legoland! It was so great for kids. It's pretty expensive but if you ever DO start planning to take him there, drop me a line and I might be able to hook you up in one way or another. I've got connections ;-)
Sorry it's been rough. I totally feel you. When I had Jaxon I almost lost it. Chris wasn't out of town, but he was working 80 hour days and studying for the CPA. Also, we moved into our house when Jax was only 2 months old. Also, Madison was an awful 2-year-old. It's a tough time. BUT it's SO worth it once the baby gets to be a little older and the kids can play together. And, if this makes you feel any better, going from 2 kids to 3 kids was super easy because going from 1 kid to 2 kids was so hard! My advice: cut yourself some slack and hang in there. I totally overdid it and pushed myself too hard, which did NOT help the situation at all. You are NOT incompetent!
Enjoy having two...or next time you might go to FOUR. ;) You are so lucky to have your mom there so much! SHe's your lifesaver!
You are a battle tested warrior!
What a blessing that your parents could come and help. Let's hope both kids don't get sick again. That's the worst. My sister always struggled if her husband was on a business trip and her whole family would get sick at the same time. It's too much for one person seriously. Hopefully, you get some more of that much needed sleep in Kansas soon :)
I can't believe how big they are. They are so cute Sarah. Hopefully one day i will get to see them. Miss you guys. Have a great time this weekend in Kansas. :)
Post a Comment