Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas Morning

Christmas morning was quite a blast for us all ... but especially for Seth! He was SOOOOO excited he couldn't wait to run downstairs and see if Santa came. However, it came to a surprise to him when he went downstairs and Santa wasn't actually there. I guess in all the talk about Santa coming Seth was actually expecting to fin him sitting in the living room. So that took a minute to explain. But, it does explain why he was so upset in the middle of the night and wouldn't sleep that well. I guess he was worried about some stranger (aka Santa) being in the house.

Shelby was excited watching Seth bouncing off the walls, but she didn't know what she was getting herself into.

bouncing off the walls ...

Here are the kiddos ... waiting to see what Santa brought them.

Again, we are just so lovely in the morning!

Shelby was way more fascinated by the bows and wrapping than anything inside ... but so is any other child around this age. She was hilarious though. She usually would have gone down for a morning nap in the middle of present opening, but she was so interesting in everyone opening gifts and wrapping paper all over the place she just sat there all morning staring and observing. (maybe this is a sign that she will be my milder child!) Here she is with her baby doll Santa brought her.

... and with her cute owl hat Santa also brought.

After getting through a few Santa gifts Seth opened a Leapfrog Tag learning system from me and Nick. This ended up being his favorite gift and the rest of us enjoyed it as well ... the songs were getting stuck in our heads. Our favorite were the ones about the solar system.

Miss Shelby in her little kitchen.

Like I said, the bags and wrapping were about as much fun as her actual toys!

Seth was excited to open his stocking too ... he may have been snitching chocolate before this picture, hence, the lovely chocolate face!

We were all cracking up because Nick's stocking was HUGE! It was like 4 times the size of Shelby! (she may or may not have given us an extra Christmas morning surprise and therefore was no longer in her pjs)

After a lovely breakfast we all had to scramble to get ready for church. I got the kids ready and snapped a few pictures before church.

He loves his little sister.

Isn't she so fancy with her earrings and bracelet?

What a little stud.

Uncle Al with Shelby looking like quite the festive babysitter.

Fancy grandma and Shelby girl.

We tried to get a group photo when we got home from church and this was about as good as we could get. I set up the timer on my camera and this was the only place we could all fit because there was wrapping paper all over the house!

Christmas was a blast and we had to much fun seeing it all through Seth's eyes this year. Being with kids makes it all magical again so much more fun!

I just took down our Christmas decorations last night (we just got home a few days ago and Seth has been sick .... give me a break) Anyway, as I was taking the lights off the tree Seth said, "It's so sad when Christmas is all over." It is ... but the great thing is it'll be back again next year!

4 comments:

Mika McDaniel said...

I am sure you already know this but you guys seriously have the cutest kids!

Chelsea and Bryan Haslam said...

FERCURY! haha, I miss singing with Seth.

The Petersen Family said...

Sounds like an awesome Christmas. We were in Kansas too. We should have planned it so I could see Shelby!! Next time... Seth and Shelby are just so cute!

Aubrey said...

Fun! Shelby is just about as cute as can be with her smile :) I'm glad Seth was so excited for Santa