Well, ever since we've been home from Kansas we've all been sick. Therefore, I have not been able to blog because I've been taking care of sick kids, husband and myself. Seth had "Walking Pneumonia" for a LONG time and it was awful. This poor kid was just a bump on a log with temperatures of 103, 104 for over a week and a half. We finally got it under control and he's back to normal. It took a while for his little body to heal and feel better again, but I think we're back to normal. Anyway, I'm kind of thinking January hates us and I'm hoping we're getting rid of all our sickness now, and we'll be sick free the rest of the winter! (Seriously, what is it about Toledo? We are ALWAYS sick here?)
Anyway, one fun part about our trip in Kansas was that we had so many visitors. Everyone kept coming over to see the Tay-man home from his mission. One of our most favorite visitors was the Tuttle Family! They came down to visit from St. Louis for the day and it was so much fun. Taylor and Austin hadn't seen each other for somewhere around 2 1/2 years so they had fun catching up. Aren't they studs? Ladies .... they're single!!!!
Shelby was the life of the party as usual!
Anyway, one fun part about our trip in Kansas was that we had so many visitors. Everyone kept coming over to see the Tay-man home from his mission. One of our most favorite visitors was the Tuttle Family! They came down to visit from St. Louis for the day and it was so much fun. Taylor and Austin hadn't seen each other for somewhere around 2 1/2 years so they had fun catching up. Aren't they studs? Ladies .... they're single!!!!
We had fun with Uncle Al before he headed back to Utah. He had a near-death expirience during the break (my mom literally had to give him the Heimlich to keep him from chocking on an M&M ... a whole new meaning to "dangerous eating" over the holidays!) He is now forever in debt to my mom for saving his life!!! lol
He and Shelby was best buddies during Christmas!
Seth had a blast building train tracks with Taylor and my Dad during the holiday too! By the looks of this one it seems like Seth may have taken some liberties during the playing with the track process. But Taylor helped him build the coolest track ever, I need to get a picture of it from someone, it was SWEET!
One day I was on the phone and everyone else was gone. I heard some moving around in the kitchen and didn't think much of it until I realized I was the only one around. I walked in to find this ... yes, Seth was making something by himself in the kitchen. I'm not sure what he was making with cracked eggs, oreos, salt and pepper .... mmmmmm!
Another night we had a hot dog party with Seth. My parents have this little hot dog maker and finally decided to put it to good use and let Seth make dinner. (since he was dying to make something).
Whenever we're in Kansas we HAVE to stop by Krispy Kreme one morning. Seth won't let us forget! He LOVES going there and checking out the donuts being made and eating as many as we'll let him!
Another delightful part of our trip was the fact that our CRV died in my parents drive way when we pulled in. Seriously. It was stressful, but we ended up finding a good deal on one of the missionary cars and are so grateful that it all worked out.





2 comments:
Ah! I'm sorry to hear the CRV died, major bummer. But, if it has to die somewhere...in a driveway at a residence is probably the best place!
I hope you all keep getting better!
What is it with pneumonia this year? Everyone seems to be getting it -- I don't hear much about people with the flu, just pneumonia all around. Sorry to hear you've been sick -- hope everyone is better. Fun reading about the Wofford Family Holidays!
Post a Comment