Nick signed up a LONG time ago to participate in a Triathlon. I laughed and poked fun when he told me, and didn't actually think it was going to happen. Well, this Saturday ... it did! I, being the type of person who HATES physical activity of almost ANY SORT, would never even think about doing something like this. However, it was actually kind of fun to go and watch. It was confusing to figure out where the heck I was supposed to go, and with Seth it made it that much more difficult ... so my pictures aren't as amazing as I would have hoped. But, here goes ...
This is Nick getting his wet suit on and getting pumped for the race.
This is Nick getting his wet suit on and getting pumped for the race.
Seth and I got there a while after Nick had been there (registering and such). Seth was looking at Nick like, what are you wearing dad? Nick was known as 195 the whole day.
Okay, I had the best spot for a picture and then Seth started screaming and right when I was pulling him out of the stroller Nick all of a sudden came out of the water ... so this was him a few steps out of the water.
note: (he's in the red circle)

Seth and I were just chillin' during the bike part because I had no idea where the heck to go and I figured I wouldn't be able to get a picture anyway because he'd just zoom by super fast.
This is the beginning of the 5K and final leg of the crazy race. Nick is the second dude there if you couldn't tell.
Okay, don't laugh at me (or do). I had the perfect spot to take a picture of Nick crossing the finish line and right when I snapped the picture this lady bumped me. So this is Nick (minus his head) crossing the finish line.
Nick was pretty proud that he did it! His time was around and hour and 45 minutes. Which I thought was pretty good for his first time. The winner was like an hour and 6 minutes or something. But, that dude was a professional. If I did it, it would have taken me about 4 hours and I probably would have had to cross the finish line on a stretcher!







3 comments:
GO NICK! Sarah...you have lots of amazing atributes starting with your sweet camera skills. i am with you though, i don't understand the marathon let alone triathon thing.
Way to go Nick! That sounds like an amazing time to me. You must have good endurance. Sarah I love your pictures, it had to be quite the battle to get any at all with a stroller and baby in the crowds. Nice job.
Impressive Nick!!! I can't believe you did that...I am with Sarah. I think they would have to carry me over the finish line on a stretcher after 5 hours :) Seth looks so cute in his stroller.
Post a Comment