Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Weekend Fun with Daddy

We're having so much fun as a family now that Nick is home. It's amazing how much better my outlook on life has been in the last 2 weeks! (no, seriously!) I wanted to post this a few days ago, but got caught up in doing nothing as a family ... which was much needed. We had a fun weekend and I wanted to share a few pictures.

We took Nick to Seth's favorite park up the road in Michigan. Nick had never been there with us and we just love it. Seth calls it the "tree house park" because it's pretty cool and looks like a big tree house. Seth and Nick had a blast getting energy out and having a good time playing together!

Shelby snoozed for a while ... enjoying the beautiful weather and cool breeze!
(perfect nap weather)

This picture is hilarious. I didn't realize until looking over the pictures that Nick's butt wasn't actually sitting in the seat. LOL
Ride that alligator cowboy Seth!

Mommy and Shelby enjoying the park.

I thought it would be funny to see if Shelby would enjoy a ride on the swing. She was all about it and probably could have stayed there all day ... or at least until she was hungry again!

Seth got quite the kick out of swinging with baby sister!

Shelby is LOVING her bath time lately. She kicks like crazy and splashes all around. It's pretty cute to see her so excited.

Saturday morning we went downtown to the Toledo Farmer's Market. It was a blast! It was all under a covered pavilion and we totally loaded up on delicious fresh produce!
Here's what we got:
Fresh Salsa, Cheese, Eggs, Giant onion, Green Tomatoes, Grapes, Peaches, Local Honey, Cherry tomatoes, Corn, Green Onions, Lots of Sweet peppers, Giant Beef Steak Tomatoes, Green beans, hot peppers, and a delicious loaf of strawberry cream cheese bread. Not pictured: a HUGE chocolate chip cookie that Seth took care of pretty quick, some Kettle Corn (Also Seth) and 2 glasses of berry lemonade! I'd say it was a success!

On our menu this week will be a TON of delicious farm fresh meals ... and I think we'll head back again next weekend!

Shelby is getting so big! She is fitting into a lot of her cute clothes and I have to say it's kind of the highlight of my day to get her dressed in a new cute outfit!
I joked with Nick that this pictures is going to describe Shelby's Life: Living in the Shadow of Crazy big brother Seth! LOL

But, hopefully it'll be more like this! Sibling LOVE!

YAY for fun family weekends! Hope you are all enjoying your families for the summer too!

2 comments:

Claytie and Suzie said...

Fun pictures! Both your kids are adorable and growing up so fast! Hope we can hang out soon, -Susan

The Petersen Family said...

I just love going to the park with the whole family. I love the picture of Nick and Seth on the alligator :) Shelby looks so cute in the swing!